Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pear and teapot: farewell

Pear and teapot. 14"×11" (35.6 x 27.9 cm). Oil on canvas. 2010.

According to my regular schedule, this post should come tomorrow, while today would be the day to post my June studio news.

But we are planning a big photo session for today, which will cover most of my work in June, so the studio news post would be more informative tomorrow. That's why I have decided to post my weekly painting today.

I am planning a big update of my main website, and this painting is most likely to disappear from the still life collection. It has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and has spent some time on my own walls, and I can still see some of its charm, but from a distance, almost as though this painting weren't mine. Not quite, of course -- rather, it is a painting by a different me, a souvenir of the adventurous route I have traveled over the last two years.

No comments: